COVID-19 Championship Guidelines, Policies & Procedures | Local Rules
Below are the guidelines for Mass Golf championship. These guidelines are based on guidelines and recommendations from the WHO, CDC and State government. These are subject to change at any time as guidelines and recommendations are updated.
Please note, this document will be continuously updated based on any updated guidelines and recommendations from the WHO, CDC and State government.
Last Updated: Thursday, May 20th at 6:05am
2021 COVID-19 Participant Release, Waiver and Covenant:
Please be aware that ahead of any scheduled qualifying round or championship proper, all competitors will be required to complete a 2021 COVID-19 Participant Release, Waiver and Covenant. This participant release, waiver and covenant was part of your event registration through USGA Tournament Management. If you believe that you have yet to complete this waiver, please contact a member of the Mass Golf staff and an electronic version of the waiver can be distributed (via email). For all partner events and junior only events, this waiver will be distributed (via email) ahead of any scheduled event. All competitors will be expected to complete this before they arrive to the facility.
General Player Information:
- Do NOT play if you feel sick or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last two weeks.
- Maintain social distancing (indoors and outdoors) when possible.
- Starting Tee(s)
- Starters boxes will only contain pencils and tees. Ball markers, pitch mark repair tools, sunscreen, etc. will NOT be available. Players MUST provide their own equipment.
- Bottled water will be provided by Mass Golf at championship propers. At qualifying events, players should provide their own or purchase from the host club, if available. Players are also expected to carry-out any/all trash from the course after their round.
- Local Rules and Hole Locations may be provided to players (via email) ahead of their round and can be printed in advance or accessed electronically on the course. Printed versions of Local Rules and Hole Locations will also be available on-site.
- Competitors may use a caddie during all qualifying and championship rounds.
- Spectators are permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Golf Carts
- When permitted per the Conditions & Regulations of the competition, no more than 2 carts will be permitted per starting time/group regardless of the number of players and/or caddies in a starting time/group.
- Note: Caddies are permitted to ride in a player’s cart if there is an available seat.
- Mass Golf reserves the right to limit a group to only 1 cart in the case of a group of two competitors in order to limit cart traffic and/or reserve carts for subsequent starting times.
- Scoring (see Local Rules for additional scoring details)
- Online/mobile scoring through the use of the USGA Tournament Management app will be required.
- Paper/electronic scoreboards may be used in a limited fashion – event results can be found online at MassGolf.org.
- Weather Delays/Course Evacuations
- In the event of a suspension of play for a dangerous situation, all players should proceed to their vehicles or any other lighting safe areas (clubhouse, golf shop etc.) and social distance accordingly. Please note any/all signage that may be posted in host club facilities.
- If players are in carts and if permitted by the host facility, players will be instructed to take the golf cart directly to their vehicle and take shelter in their vehicle.
- For walking only events, evacuation plans will be provided to all players in advance of their round if inclement weather is expected that will include shuttle pick-up areas and other pertinent details.
- Communication regarding resumption of play and/or further details after a suspension of play will be communicated to players via text message and/or email.
- Per the discretion of the host facility – clubhouse, locker room and pro shop access may be unavailable or limited.
- Player’s are expected to play the ball as it lies in a bunker or proceed under an applicable Rule.
- There will be NO Local Rule permitting free relief in a bunker (unless otherwise noted or permitted under an applicable Rule).
- Upon exiting the bunker, players are expected to rake all footprints and disturbances with the on-course rakes. Players who fail to do so, may be subject to penalty per the Mass Golf Code of Conduct.
- Online/Mobile Scoring via USGA Tournament Management app
- All players in the group will be required to use a mobile device and serve as a marker for a fellow competitor using the USGA Tournament Management app.
- Upon the completion of the round, ALL competitors MUST report to the established scoring area.
- A member of the Mass Golf staff will verify each player’s score (hole-by-hole) and that both the player and marker have certified their scores via the USGA Tournament Management app.
- Once a player leaves the defined scoring area – all scores are FINAL, and changes cannot be made unless permitted by the Rules.
- Paper Scorecards will only be used in the cases of inclement weather and/or technical difficulties.
Please contact Kevin Eldridge (email@example.com) – 774-430-9103 with any questions and/or concerns you may have.