Volunteer positions filling fast for 2019 PGA Championship
for immediate release: NOVEMBER 9, 2018
BETHPAGE, New York – Volunteering is a wonderful way to experience any major Championship. Through The Northern Trust (formerly the Dell Technologies Championship) or the many USGA Championships that come to the Bay State, Mass Golfers have traditionally enjoyed the opportunity to enjoy this “inside-the-ropes” experience.
The latest chance comes courtesy of our friends at the PGA Championship. Volunteer positions for the 2019 PGA Championship – set to be contested at Bethpage Black on May 16–19 – are going fast and are filled on a first come, first served basis. Secure your spot today by visiting PGA.com/2019Volunteer.
Individuals that volunteer for the 2019 Championship and complete all assigned shifts will be given an advance opportunity to register for the 2024 Ryder Cup at Bethpage Black ahead of the General Public for what will be one of the toughest tickets in New York sporting event history!
Any questions please contact the Championship Office at 516-558-3055 or 2019PGA@pgahq.com.
- Adult volunteers (ages 22 and up) are required to pay a $175.00 Volunteer/Uniform fee. In exchange for this fee, you will receive:
- Volunteer Uniform (2 Ralph Lauren custom golf shirts, jacket, and headwear item)
- Official volunteer drawstring backpack
- Complimentary Parking
- Meal and Water Vouchers to use at any onsite concession stand
- The Official 101st PGA Championship Program
- One-time discount to the Championship Shop
- Preferred registration for the 2024 Ryder Cup at Bethpage Black (must complete all assigned shifts to be considered)
- Volunteers will need access to the grounds of Bethpage Black. Therefore, they will receive a personalized Volunteer Credential providing access to the grounds all seven days of the PGA Championship.
- Volunteers must work at least four shifts, contributing a minimum of 16-20 total hours for the Championship, allowing them to enjoy the rest of the Championship in their free time.
How to Register
- CLICK HERE to visit the Volunteer Registration Page (or copy and paste PGA.com/2019Volunteer)
- Enter birthdate and click submit
- Select your committee of choice from the list provided
- Find the ”New PGA Volunteers – Please Register” and Click Register
- Complete the entire registration process and pay the fee
- Registration is also available via phone at 516-558-3055