- Golfer Benefits
- Member Login
As more and more golf courses open for play across the state of Massachusetts, golfers should be asking themselves – ‘Am I ready for this season?’
One of the hot topics in golf this year has been the importance of having an official USGA/GHIN Handicap, which golfers can acquire by becoming a member of Mass Golf. There are many benefits of becoming a member of Mass Golf, but the official USGA/GHIN Handicap is often regarded as the most appealing.
A common misconception is that official USGA/GHIN Handicaps are only for elite players. This simply isn’t true, as the point of the Handicap System is to enable golfers of different abilities to play and compete on a fair and equal basis.
1. It Costs Less Than You Think – Did you know that you can join Mass Golf for the price of a round of golf? It won’t run you hundreds or thousands of dollars to up your game in 2021.
2. Create/Play Fair Matches – This is one of the best reasons to have an official handicap. As mentioned above, handicaps are not just for elite players, they are for everyone. By having an active and accurate handicap, you will be able to create and play-in fair matches with players of any (and all) abilities. Put an end to those first tee arguments over how many strokes you think someone should get.
3. It Only Takes 54 Holes – Once you have joined Mass Golf, you just need to play and post scores from a total of 54 holes, made up of any combination of 9 or 18-hole rounds. Once you do that, you’ll have a Handicap Index the next day!
4. Updates Every Day/Time You Play – Designed to give you a responsive, real-time reflection of your demonstrated golfing ability, your Handicap Index will update daily.
5. Track Your Play & Statistics Throughout The Season – Some of the most notable features include: Score History, Scoring Summary, Advanced Stats (Putts, Approach Accuracy, Driving Accuracy), and Handicap History.
6. Many Tournaments & Member/Guest Events Require One – In many different tournaments and events held at clubs, players are required to provide an official USGA/GHIN Handicap. This is often done to ensure that events are competed in a fair manner.
7. Play In Mass Golf Championships, Tournaments or Member Days – By having a Mass Golf Membership, you will be eligible to play in Mass Golf Tournaments and Member Days. You will also be able to compete in Mass Golf Championships if your handicap meets the required eligibility.
8. Make 87,000 New Friends – You’ll be joining a community of over 87,000 golfers in the Bay State in support of the game of golf.
9. Scores From 9-Hole Rounds Count – You don’t need to play 18-hole rounds to establish or maintain your handicap. If you only have time for 9-holes, you can still remain active.
Are you ready to join Mass Golf and get your official USGA/GHIN Handicap?
JOIN ONLINE in minutes through our Members Now! Program or visit your local club to join in person.